20040914

The job hunts has come to an end//The Streets

Internet's been having some issues here lately. That seems to happen every so often. It's apparently a built in feature with my internet service provider. Every once in a while, they like to throw you off by not allowing you to get online for a day or so. So when you go to try to find jobs to apply for online or reply to important e-mails, instead you get a cultural perspective on things. Every few months, they like to remind you what life used to like before the days of the internet, so that when the internet famine is over, you can appreciate being online even more. And they don't even charge you extra for this feature. I wish I could have blamed them for a job I didn't get recently, but in truth it was my own fault. Last week, I came across an ad for a video production job, a one day shoot with a few days of preproduction. Unfortunately, they were interviewing for the job last tuesday and I had the misfortunate to not find the ad until late monday night. Needless to say, I wasn't called. Now normally this wouldn't bother me too much. I've put in a lot of applications that I haven't heard back from, it's be expected. What made this particularly upsetting was that the director of this shoot was none other than Michel Gondry. That's right, had I seen that site a day or two earlier, I might have gotten to work with Michel effing Gondry. For those of you unfamilar with Michel, let me just state that he is an absolute genius and one of my favorite directors ever. He's mostly done music videos (Cibo Matto, The Chemical Brothers, Beck, Daft Punk, a ton of Bjork's videos, Massive Attack, etc.) and also a couple of films including Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. And I could have potentially been working with him. The latest of my finding out about this news was considerably distressing. The good news is that I did finally get a job in the media industry. It's at the same place that I interned at, so I still get to work on documentaries. Unfortunately, the job mostly involves a lot of paperwork, as opposed to actual production work which is what I want to do, but hey, a job's a job, right? Oh, and new images will be up soon, I just got kind of behind in making new ones lately.

Today's tracks come from my current favorite British b-boy, The Streets (sorry to Dizzee Rascal). Mike Skinner's gotten a lot of attention since his first album, Original Pirate Material, but if you haven't heard his style of hip hop, it says a lot about being young in England. These are some rare songs from the sessions of A Grand Don't Come for Free, including alternate vocal versions of Fit But You Know It and Get Out of My House and a new b-side track, Soaked by the Ale.

The Streets - Fit But You Know It (feat. Kano, Doneao, Tinchy Strider and Lady Sovereign)

The Streets - Fit But You Know It (feat. The Futureheads)

The Streets - Get Out of My House (feat. Demon, Bruza, Kano, and D Double E)

The Streets - Soaked By the Ale

(source)

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Holy fuck dude!
Great finds!

2:45 AM, September 15, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the job! more importantly, what's going on with the lady? :)

...dana@bProp

12:53 PM, September 15, 2004  
Blogger su-tang 3000 said...

Thank you for these Streets hits. Top notch!

1:03 AM, September 24, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Streets - Fit But You Know It (feat. Kano..)! Thaaaaaaan you for this song ! I've been searchin it for 5 mounths! thx YO ! ;-D

8:21 AM, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home