20040902

Dissent//Jello Biafra

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. Being in the NY area, I had planned to do a special RNC week of Radio Babylon, not so much out of my distrust for the Bush administration, but more so because I think it's good that people are speaking their minds, on all sides of the political spectrum. But I've been going to a lot of demonstrations this week, getting footage and I've come back each night pretty dead to the world. I'll have a recap this weekend sometime. But yesterday, while at the big media protest outside of CNN and Fox News, I was very surprised to Dead Kennedys frontman, Jello Biafra speaking to the crowd. In light of this, I thought I should post some betterPropaganda hosted excerpts from his last spoken word album, Machine Gun in the Clown's Hand. On this album, he says a lot of the stuff that he said last night. Sorry I'm doing another post without music, but Biafra has a lot of good points and it's worth hearing him speak. [update on my post from week about Mouse on Mars and Bjork: both albums are available to preview or download on bleep.com]

Jello Biafra - Beat Around the Burning Bush

Jello Biafra - Miscue 911

Jello Biafra - Propane and Propane Accessories

Jello Biafra - The Big Ka Boom

(source)

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Great minds think alike. Th' Hut's got DK up today.

1:47 AM, September 03, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home