20040816

Stereo Total


Today's downloads come from kitschy, multilingual pop rock group, Stereo Total. You know those albums that you hear the first time, kind of forget about it, and then later when you hear it again it suddenly strikes a cord with you? Well this happened to me with Stereo Total in a sort of unfortunate way. I was given a copy of their album, which I listened to once and then forgot about. Then one day, back when I was working at a CD store, I decided to clear out my collection a little bit to make some room. So I sold the Stereo Total CD along with a few others. But then I would see my used copy of this CD sitting on the shelves while I was at work and I started to regret selling it. I had even briefly considered buying it back even though I would just been throwing my money at the store for no reason really. One day a couple came in and started browsing the used section, looking generally uninterested, until they came across my CD and talked about it like it was a sort of Holy Grail of used CDs. I had to ring them up for their purchase. There was a part of me that didn't want to sell it to them, but they seemed like nice people so I didn't have the heart to tell them no. Anyway, this is the band that I foolishly let slip away from my collection. There's more available on their web site.

Stereo Total - In/Out

Stereo Total - Ex fan des 60ties

Stereo Total - Party Anticonformiste

(source)

2 Comments:

Blogger Loki said...

glad you put 'in/out' as your lead track here..it's definitely one of my favourites...especially the bit near the end where the german guy seems to lose heart entirely and gives in to his primal urg(h)es...and the music is just so damn 'bouncy'

2:36 PM, August 18, 2004  
Blogger bluecalx2 said...

There's a lot of good stuff on that download-only EP, but yeah, In/Out is my favorite too.

12:12 AM, August 19, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home