20040930

More Political Ramblings//Howie B

Apparently mentioning third party candidates on this blog is an easy way to get a lot of e-mails. I mentioned yesterday that I was undecided about who I was going to vote for. I'm between Kerry, Nader and Cobb at the moment. First of all, I'm sorry if this upset anyone. We've probably all heard the "a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush" line. But I don't think this is true. No candidate has a right to my vote until I give it to them, although I can understand why third parties aren't going to come in too strong this time around. The thing is, there are a lot of changes that I would like to see that neither of the major parties will endorse. But maybe right now is, unfortunately, not the time. Although I think this election does run much deeper than Kerry and Bush, I will probably end up voting for Kerry anyway, even though I suspect we'll do well in New Jersey as it is. I don't know that John Kerry is the best man to run the country (hopefully I'm wrong about that), but Bush is too far outside of my political views. Also, I don't want to think what the world will be like after another four years of Bush. The important thing, I think, is what happens after the election, regardless of who wins. The involvement of the people shouldn't just be once every four years; a lot happens in between that time. Ok, that's my two cents on everything. I'll try to stop the political ramblings for a little while.

Mp3 today from Howie B, one of the best I've heard from him in years actually. Over the years, Howie B has contributed his style of dark trip hop to many other artists. He's done production work for Tricky, U2, and Björk (yup, another Björk producer on here) as well as his album with Sly and Robbie, Drum n Bass Stripped to the Bone. Because of the Weather features Crispin Hunt and Will Donovan and is from the new album, Mayonnaise.

Howie B - Because of the Weather

(source)

2 Comments:

Blogger bluecalx2 said...

I'm aware of him, but I don't know very much about his politics. It's hard to find a candidate who agrees with all the same issues as you though. I fully support decentralization as long as it's done in the right way. Unfortunately, I think that a lot of people who want to lessen the power of the government are a little too willing to put it in the hands of corporate powers. I think that the people should have more of a voice, which is partly a matter of who leads the country and partly a matter of how involved the people are. But by that same idea, you're right, I should take the time out to learn more about his party.

11:52 PM, September 30, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a hardore supporter of Nader in 2000. I protested in the streets of Boston in a attempt to get him in the debates. I still think have some other person...anyone...on the stage next to the main candidates would make the debates better. I believe people should vote from their hearts and who they believe could be the best for the future of this country and it's place in a shrinking world. That is why I voted for Nader in 2000. However, I lived in Connecticut then, I live in Wisconsin now. Different game. My vote matters so much more and the future of this world is in such danger with Bush. I don't think Kerry is the best person for the job, but he is better then Bush. Thanks to the Democratic National Committee hijacking the outcoming of the primaries, he is the only viable option. I'm am left with no choice, but to vote for Kerry. My heart says I have to make this decision. You should do the same. If you think the best course of action, the one you would not regrat is voing for Ralph Nader, than do it. It is your vote and no one should tell you how to cast it, they should only give you advice on why you may want to consider another candidate.

11:01 AM, October 01, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home