20040622

It's jazz for your trousers

I like concept blogs. Lacunae has a simple concept, all mp3's come from 7 inch vinyl from the 80's and 90's. They're also all on there with permission from the artists, so if you've been feeling guilty about downloading, these tracks are legitimate.

Today's download comes from one of the best performances I saw at Homelands this year, Mr. Scruff. I only have one challenge in trying to describe this music, which is that Andrew Carthy (the man behind the scruff) has already chosen perfect titles that already describe the music better than I ever could. The title of his last album, Trouser Jazz, seems to fit his style better than any genre I could come up with on my own. And everytime I hear this song, I do actually picture shrimp dancing at the bottom of the ocean, enjoying their pies. If you haven't seen the web site yet, take a moment to go there and watch the cartoons. They're definitely part of Mr. Scruff's success story.

Mr. Scruff - Shrimp

::source::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home