20040506

Fuck the Real World

So it's getting to that point in my life where I have to start thinking about getting a real job. For the record, the creation of this blog is one of many signs of my complete unwillingness to do that. I've been trying to get an internship (and then hopefully a job) in the media industry. But I really didn't want to end up at some place like Clear Channel or News Corp because they go against my principles. My fear was that I wouldn't be able to get anything, but it seems that I've lucked out. I'm now going to be working for a place that does mostly documentary work for channels like Discovery Health and the History Channel. Granted, it's not the perfect job, but I feel better about it than some of the others. I don't get quite the same feeling of having the weight of the world crushing me yet. We'll see how it goes and then of course the fun of finding a decent job in September.

But onto the music. Today's link is more hip hop from Ninja Tune. This is a track from Sixtoo and it features Damo Suzuki from the classic Krautrock band, Can.

Sixtoo featuring Damo Suzuki - Storm Clouds and Silver Lining (Album Version)

::source::