20040427


So at the moment I have a very strong feeling of inadequecy as a social creature. I'm wondering how it is that I continue to function in any sort of society. I believe that I am living proof that the theory of social Darwinism is wrong, simply because I should have died many times by now. So at a time like this, I need something a little different to cheer me up a bit. That's why today's post comes from Pierre Bastien. His last album was released on Aphex Twin's Rephlex Records label. Bastien is a French composer who creates little Mecano robots that play some of the instruments for him. Because of the way they are designed, they often have to play in a palindrome fashion, playing a sequence forward and then backward. This is the best song I've heard by him.

Pierre Bastien - L'Orchestra Thermodynamique

::source::