20040419

Björk week, part 1

I really just started this blog a few days ago, but I thought I should do a theme week. And I choose Björk because I think she's amazing and because there's just too much Björk related goodness out there (like all the producers she's worked with for me not to try to search around and link to here. So I decided to start off with some tracks by Matmos. They're a strange lot and make their music out of unusual samples (wet latex, mouse cages, whoopee cushions, etc) and microbeats. They were responsible for the Rhythmic Phoentics Mix of Björk's Alarm Call single. They also contributed a lot to the recording of Vespertine and became part of her live band. These two tracks are from the albums A Chance to Cut is a Chance to Cure and The Civil War. Most of the samples on Lipostudio (and so on...) were recorded live during a liposuction surgery in California.

Matmos - Lipostudio (and so on...)

Matmos - The Struggle Against Unreality Begins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home