122: Radio Babylon contestThe Decorate Kevin's Passport 2005 contest:
[UPDATE: CONTEST CLOSED, THANKS FOR SUGGESTIONS]
Ok, so this summer I'm planning on going somewhere, only I haven't decided where yet. But wherever it is, I really want to go some sort of music festival/event (although I'm open to other ideas to). So I've decided that since you, my readers, are such a fine and cultured group of people, I thought I'd open this up to you all and offer an exclusive(-ish) prize for the winner. All you have to do is tell me where to go on vacation and what to do when I get there. This can be anything from a festival of Mongolian throat singers to your friend's punk band playing in Oslo, as long as you can make it all sound interesting. Here are the rules:
1) The place must be outside the US (hence decorating my passport), anywhere else is fair game. Don't take this as "anti-Americanism", but I spend the rest of the year here, so I want a change of pace.
2) Ideally, I'm looking for some music related (any genre), but if know of anything else interesting that I won't find in any tourist books, that's cool too. Anything where Aphex Twin is playing gets bonus points, I can never seem to track that fucker down.
3) If you know of anywhere that I can get extra information (web sites, etc.), please include them.
4) Events should be for June or July, somewhere around there, preferably June.
5) E-mail responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prize: A mix CD made by me, with tracks chosen more or less at random. Be sure to include an address to send this to.
I know I've got at least a handful of international readers, but this is open to anyone with an idea of something for me to do this summer.