20050317

122: Radio Babylon contest

The Decorate Kevin's Passport 2005 contest:

[UPDATE: CONTEST CLOSED, THANKS FOR SUGGESTIONS]

Ok, so this summer I'm planning on going somewhere, only I haven't decided where yet. But wherever it is, I really want to go some sort of music festival/event (although I'm open to other ideas to). So I've decided that since you, my readers, are such a fine and cultured group of people, I thought I'd open this up to you all and offer an exclusive(-ish) prize for the winner. All you have to do is tell me where to go on vacation and what to do when I get there. This can be anything from a festival of Mongolian throat singers to your friend's punk band playing in Oslo, as long as you can make it all sound interesting. Here are the rules:

1) The place must be outside the US (hence decorating my passport), anywhere else is fair game. Don't take this as "anti-Americanism", but I spend the rest of the year here, so I want a change of pace.
2) Ideally, I'm looking for some music related (any genre), but if know of anything else interesting that I won't find in any tourist books, that's cool too. Anything where Aphex Twin is playing gets bonus points, I can never seem to track that fucker down.
3) If you know of anywhere that I can get extra information (web sites, etc.), please include them.
4) Events should be for June or July, somewhere around there, preferably June.
5) E-mail responses to radiobabylon@gmail.com

The Prize: A mix CD made by me, with tracks chosen more or less at random. Be sure to include an address to send this to.

I know I've got at least a handful of international readers, but this is open to anyone with an idea of something for me to do this summer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXIT FESTIVAL in NOVI SAD SERBIA
http://www.exitfest.org/exit04/indexeng.htm

10:34 PM, March 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Sonar festival in Barcelona!
Check the lineup

2 MANY DJ'S (PIAS/BE)
2020 SOUNDSYSTEM (2020 VISION/GB)
ALEX THREADGOLD plays SOUND-INK (US)
CUT CHEMIST (WARNER/US)
DE LA SOUL (SANCTUARY REC/US)
DJ YODA (ANTIDOTE/GB)
DJ99 / GUTTORM ANDREASEN plays WASABI (NO)
DUPLEX aka EDAN & INSIGHT (LEWIS RECORDINGS/US)
ELLEN ALLIEN (B-PITCH CONTROL/DE)
FERGIE (GB)
GOODIEPAL (SKI-PP/DK)
HOT CHIP (MOSHI MOSHI REC/GB)
JAMES MURPHY (DFA/US)
JAMIE LIDELL (WARP/GB)
JEFF MILLS (AXIS/US)
JOE ENGLISH plays NOISE FACTORY RECORDS (CA)
JORIS VOORN (SINO/NL)
LAURENT GARNIER (FCOMM/FR)
LCD SOUNDSYSTEM (DFA/US)
LE TIGRE (UNIVERSAL/US)
M.I.A. (XL/GB)
MARK ONE + VIRUS SYNDICATE (PLANET MU/GB)
MISS KITTIN (NOBODY'S BIZZNESS/FR)
MOCKY (FOUR MUSIC/CA)
MOUSE ON MARS (SONIG/DE)
MU (OUTPUT RECORDS/JP)
NOAH23 (2nd REC/CA)
PARAL-LEL plays BEE RECORDS (FR)
PELLARIN & MYLLEAGER play STATLER & WALDORF (DK)
PETER GEBERT plays LUX NIGRA (DE)
RADIAN (THRILL JOCKEY/AU)
ROISIN MURPHY (ECHO/GB)
SIMON RUSSELL plays ROUGH TRADE SHOPS (UK)
SÓLO LOS SOLO (DEL PALO/ES)
SOULWAX (PIAS/BE)
SUBTLE (LEX/US)
THE BATTLES (US)
THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE (NO)
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS (VIRGIN/GB)
THE DURUTTI COLUMN (KOOKY DISCS/GB)
THE SOFT PINK TRUTH (ACCIDENTAL/US)
TOWATOM (JP/DE)

http://www.sonar.es/portal/eng/home.cfm

9:47 AM, April 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home