20050420

124: Dresden Dolls

Something a little different today. It was actually a couple of years ago that I first heard the inde-cabaret scene and its headliner, the Dresden Dolls. For a second, you're surprised to hear indie kids listening to cabaret music, but then it starts to make sense. It grows on you. Now they've done quite well for themselves, earning an opening spot on the current Nine Inch Nails tour. It's not a typical Radio Babylon post, but if you haven't heard this yet, give it a chance.

(By the way, last friday was the official one year anniversary of Radio Babylon. Thank you all for reading, writing and listening, and giving me a way to stay active in music even when most of my time is now sadly diverted away to having an actual job. I know updates have gotten less frequent lately, but I've still got more blogging left in me)

Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism
Dresden Dolls - Missed Me
Dresden Dolls - Bad Habit
Dresden Dolls - Half Jack
(source)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. cheers.

5:31 PM, July 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home