20050212

118: Meat Beat Manifesto

This blog now has web space, I have converted from being a purely link-based mp3 blog to have my own hosting. I never did it before because I felt like there was plenty of great music on the internet already, that could benefit just being pointed out. I still think that's true, in fact I've still got a nice list of linkable music that I haven't had a chance to blog about. So I'm going to continue to post those too. But frankly, there are a lot of amazing artists who I can't find online. Also, I occasionally receive albums from various labels looking for reviews, some of which is amazing. I'm happy to happy, but it helps to have some audio I can share with people. Now I know you're all blog savvy people and everything, but just to be clear, I feel obligued to add a little downloading disclaimer on the sidebar, which will go up shortly (something to the effect of they're just here temporarily and if you're the artist, label, etc, bug me and I'll take them down) along with some new links for the blogroll that I've been meaning to put up. Any other link blogs converted so far?

And I think it's only appropriate that my first hosted track be from Meat Beat Manifesto, one of the favorite artists. Originally recorded in 1989, this version was remade in 1997 for the Original Fire EP. This track, among others by MBM, was influential for Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers. That and it was the song that was playing on my stereo when I first started this blog, although that's probably a bit obvious.

(Note: hosting is down right now)
Meat Beat Manifesto - Radio Babylon

5 Comments:

Blogger DJMonsterMo said...

Excellent post! MBM rules.

8:13 PM, February 12, 2005  
Blogger paul said...

this song changed my life when i was in high school. seriously.... hands down one of the awesomest songs ever. listen and learn, kiddies....

-paul

7:24 PM, February 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a great tune right enough....i just cant download it as its been 'bandwidth exceeeded' for me since it got posted

7:38 AM, February 28, 2005  
Blogger bluecalx2 said...

sorry about the bandwidth issues, i will probably upgrade my hosting soon and i'll repost these tracks.

11:18 PM, February 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheeee,im happy now,downloading as i type.

6:32 AM, March 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home