20041114

102: Untitled//The Real Tuesday Weld

This week I hope to be updating a little more than I have been. The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy, so that when I get home, my natural instinct is to walk through the door and then collapse, preferably somewhere away from the door so that I'm not inconveniencing my roommates. But there's a ton of music that needs to be blogged about, so I'm gonna try to get to a lot of it. So fingers crossed, let's see what happened.

At any rate, I have some music for you today from The Real Tuesday Weld. The first time I saw the video for Bathtime in Clerkenwell, I was impressed, but to be honest, I didn't think rest of the album would be any good. I have to say though, the more I hear of it, the more it grows on me. I, Lucifer is the debut album from this London based artist, based on the book of the same name by Glen Duncan. I was immediately reminded of the novelty that first surrounded the Squirrel Nut Zippers (remember them?) when Hell came out, but The Real Tuesday Weld has a more electic sound, mixing synthesizers (including 303 basslines) and samples into the album. At it's most upbeat, it sounds like something Mr. Scruff might play live. But the album is unique, part novelty act, and part soundtrack to a story about the devil. I'm debating with myself whether this is something that the novelty will wear off from pretty quickly. Either way here are a couple of live tracks from I, Lucifer as well as an alternate version of The Ugly and The Beautiful. To really hear what the deal is, I recommend watching the award winning video for the single, Bathtime in Clerkenwell, which you can see here.

The Real Tuesday Weld - The Ugly and The Beautiful (Cha Cha Cha)

The Real Tuesday Weld - Terminally Ambivalent Over You (Live)

The Real Tuesday Weld - La Bete et La Belle (Live)

(source)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it is his second album. His first is much better, in my opinion.

12:21 AM, November 15, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home